Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The goal of the pulmonary program at New England Rehab Hospital is to provide patients with treatment, education and tools necessary to improve functional abilities and maintain independence in the community while managing the multiple aspects of pulmonary disease.
The goals of this multidisciplinary therapy program include:
- improving functional abilities
- increasing independence
- improving quality of life
Each member of the program's treatment team possesses expertise in the unique issues and challenges faced by patients with limited lung capacity and pulmonary function. The program adheres to standards set by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive Medical Management by an internist and physiatrist
- 24-Hour Rehabilitation Nursing care
- Occupational and Physical Therapy to maximize functional independence
- Patient/Family Education to increase knowledge of the disease process and its management
- Individual and Group Therapeutic Exercise
- Discharge Planning/Case Management
- Multi-disciplinary (Physical, Occupational and Respiratory Therapy)
- Additional Medical Specialists to include:
- Infectious Disease Specialist